This Pumpkin Soup Recipe is perfect for all you pumpkin lovers!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled and julienned
- 1 can pumpkin puree (29 oz.)
- 1 carton vegetable broth (32 oz.)
- 1 can navy beans (16 oz.)
- 1 can coconut milk (13.5 oz.)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (for toppings, optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Kabocha, steamed (optional)
- Steamed sweet potato (optional)
- Dice the onion and peel then slice the ginger.
- In a large pot, add in the olive oil and make sure it is hot before adding in the onion and ginger. Sautee for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the curry powder and saute until the onions are clear and soft.
- Pour in the can of pumpkin puree, can of navy beans and carton of vegetable broth.
- Keep the soup on medium heat until heated through and stir occasionally.
- Stir in coconut milk and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Optional: Stir in your favorite add-ins! Example: Steamed sweet potato and kabocha.
- Toppings (optional): Sprinkle some pumpkin seeds and swirl some coconut milk.
Note: The soup will thicken in the fridge. Add water to thin it out to your liking when eating later.
~ Source: University of Hawaii News